What is Cronos? Why build on Cronos? How to connect?
Thanks for your interest in Cronos.
Please browse the navigation bar of this documentation where you can find reference information for:
- dApp developers
- Node hosts
- Game developers (Cronos Play)
- And more!
Cronos (cronos.org) is the leading Ethereum-compatible layer 1 blockchain network built on the Cosmos SDK, supported by Crypto.com, Crypto.org and more than 400 app developers and partners. Today, the #CROfam ecosystem represents an addressable user base of more than 70 million people worldwide. Our mission is to make it easy and safe for the next billion crypto users to adopt Web3, with a focus on decentralized applications in the DeFi, NFTs and GameFi verticals.
Shortly after launch in November 2021, Cronos achieved a top 10 position amongst all chains by TVL. It is home to more than 1 million users and 400+ dApps.
Transaction fees are paid in Cronos ($CRO), a blue chip cryptocurrency.
If you are a Web3 application creator, there are 3 main reasons to build on Cronos:
- EVM compatible – Solidity and all the EVM tools just work out of the box.
- #CROFam - a highly engaged user and builder community who is keen to try the latest and greatest apps.
As an application founder/developer on Cronos, you can leverage:
- Wrapped versions of most of the world’s top 50 cryptocurrencies
- 30+ leading wallets (including Crypto.com Defi Wallet, MetaMask, Trust Wallet)
- Ethermint, a Ethereum Virtual Machine module built by the open-source Cosmos SDK community.
- IBC cross-chain connectivity to Cosmos chains
- Convenient Ethereum developer tools (Solidity, Truffle, Hardhat, OpenZeppelin, Web3.js, ethers.js, ChainSafe Gaming SDK, etc.)